Wild Things Freedom Center values its volunteers tremendously. Without our volunteers, the Sanctuary would not function. Please fill out and submit the online Volunteer Application below to get the process started.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete and submit the online Volunteer Application below. If you prefer to fill out an application and return it by mail please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the application to fill out and return. If mailed, please return to: Wild Things Freedom Center, 308 Ryan Morant Lane, Georgetown, SC 29440
- Please submit your application only once. We will definitely get back to you, it just may take us a little longer during our busier months.
- Please understand that completion of this application does not assure placement. Wild Things Freedom Center Inc. (WTFC) fills the positions and time slots that are needed. Accuracy and completeness of this form are important in determining the acceptability for a volunteer position with WTFC Inc. You may be requested to submit additional references and participate in additional interviews, all of which are considered part of the process. All pre-placement inquiries are made for the purpose of establishing your qualifications for placement with WTFC Inc.
- We do have a Youth Volunteer Program that allows kids at least 12 years old to come out and learn about taking care of the wildlife at the Sanctuary. Parents and children will need to fill out the same application and the parent will sign off on the child’s application. Parents will be required to remain with their child or children while they are volunteering at the Sanctuary. We want kids to know there will be more things to do than interact with the animals. Volunteer duties can and will be hard work and there will be messy and dirty jobs for them to take on. We don’t want kids to have preconceived ideas of what they will experience only to be disappointed. We encourage youth volunteers and think it’s important for them to learn about our wildlife and to be a good steward of the animal kingdom.
- When you have been approved as a volunteer we will ask you to read and sign our WTFC Volunteer Agreement. We want to ensure that everyone understands what we expect and what you can expect as a volunteer with Wild Things Freedom Center Inc. and agrees with our policies and terms of the Volunteer Agreement. You can either download and print it from here and bring with you when you are scheduled to come out the first time you volunteer or you can wait until you come out for your first volunteer day and sign off on it then.
- Should you wish to assist us in transporting animals to the rescue center that are in need of care please download the form, read, sign and submit via email to email@example.com or send via Facebook Messenger to our Wild Things Freedom Center Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/wildlifefreedom1. WTFC Transport Volunteer Agreement
Thank you for contacting us. We look forward to working with you to make the world a more humane place for all animals.